Missouri Mathematics Learning Standards
Draft and Surveys
The workgroup created for the purpose of developing and recommending new Missouri learning standards* for grades 6-12 mathematics to the State Board of Education is making available a draft of its proposed Missouri Mathematics Learning Standards (grades 6-12) for public comment. The draft and survey for each grade level/course will be posted for a short period from June 15 - July 3, 2015 . The workgroup appreciates your feedback.
* pursuant to Sections 160.514 and 161.855, RSMo 2014 (often referred to as HB1490)
MEGSL Fall Conference
October 9-10, 2015
For information, please contact Joshua Pearce
Submit our new speaker proposal form, available here.
Hazelwood West Middle School
12834 Missouri Bottom Road
Hazelwood, MO 63042
The Mathematics Educators of Greater St. Louis (MEGSL) is offering two $1000 scholarships for high school and college students interested in careers in mathematics education. Download the high school or college application form and nominate that outstanding student who could use $1,000 to pay for their education next year. Applications are due by April 1 each school year.
Past Scholarship winners:
- 2014 High School Scholarship winner: Mariah Glore
- 2014 University Scholarship winner: Joey Mirth
- 2013 High School Scholarship winner: Lizzie Schneider
- 2013 University Scholarship winner: Elizabeth Sippel
- 2012 High School Scholarship winner: Julia Nichols
- 2012 University Scholarship winner: Anna Shaw
- 2011 High School Scholarship winner: Molly Dean
- 2011 University Scholarship winner: Wayne Dierker
- 2010 High School Scholarship winner: Wayne Dierker
- 2010 University Scholarship winner: Anna Shaw
MEGSL Teacher of the Year
One of the goals of the Mathematics Educators of Greater St. Louis is to recognize excellence in mathematics teaching. To meet this goal, Teacher-of-the-Year Awards are given each spring and in four categories: K–5 (Elementary), 6–8 (Middle), 9–12 (Secondary), and Post-Secondary.
Do you have a colleague who is a deserving candidate? Download a MEGSL Teacher-of-the-Year Award nomination form. Nominations are due by April 1 each school year.
MEGSL news right to your inbox
Interested in upcoming MEGSL or other math-related events? Send your email address to Kelly Jordan and stay updated! Just ask Kelly to add your address to the MEGSL email list. To ensure delivery to your inbox, be sure that your spam settings will allow email from the firstname.lastname@example.org address.