The MEGSL Fall Gathering will be held at
Near the Brentwood Promenade Shopping Center
8780 Eager Road
Brentwood, MO 63144
Oct. 6, 2016
MEGSL invites you to join them for an evening to discuss how to develop mathematical thinkers. The focus will be on the power of mathematical discourse and productive struggle. Our speaker will be Anu Jokinen, Senior Marketing Manager for Renaissance's Acclerated Math and Math Facts in a Flash. Refreshments will be served.
Download the flyer here.
The latest newsletter is sent to current MEGSL members. Past Newsletters are available in the archive on the Newsletter page.
The Mathematics Educators of Greater St. Louis (MEGSL) is offering two $1000 scholarships for high school and college students interested in careers in mathematics education. Download the high school or college application form and nominate that outstanding student who could use $1,000 to pay for their education next year. Applications are due by April 1 each school year.
Past Scholarship winners:
- 2015 High School Scholarship winner: Tricia Heffner
- 2015 University Scholarship winner: Tony Prospero
- 2014 High School Scholarship winner: Mariah Glore
- 2014 University Scholarship winner: Joey Mirth
- 2013 High School Scholarship winner: Lizzie Schneider
- 2013 University Scholarship winner: Elizabeth Sippel
- 2012 High School Scholarship winner: Julia Nichols
- 2012 University Scholarship winner: Anna Shaw
- 2011 High School Scholarship winner: Molly Dean
- 2011 University Scholarship winner: Wayne Dierker
MEGSL Teacher of the Year
One of the goals of the Mathematics Educators of Greater St. Louis is to recognize excellence in mathematics teaching. To meet this goal, Teacher-of-the-Year Awards are given each spring and in four categories: K–5 (Elementary), 6–8 (Middle), 9–12 (Secondary), and Post-Secondary.
Do you have a colleague who is a deserving candidate? Download a MEGSL Teacher-of-the-Year Award nomination form. Nominations are due by April 1 each school year.
MEGSL news right to your inbox
Interested in upcoming MEGSL or other math-related events? Send your email address to Amanda Garner-Brooks and stay updated! Just ask Amanda to add your address to the MEGSL email list. To ensure delivery to your inbox, be sure that your spam settings will allow email from the firstname.lastname@example.org address.