Back to School Time!
Our Back to School Happy Hour Meet and Greet is coming up! We will be holding a drawing held for a paid registration to the NCTM Innov8 Conference! Details coming soon!
Check out the Summer 2016 Newsletter here! Look for the spring newsletter to arrive in May!
The Mathematics Educators of Greater St. Louis (MEGSL) is offering two $1000 scholarships for high school and college students interested in careers in mathematics education. Download the high school or college application form and nominate that outstanding student who could use $1,000 to pay for their education next year. Applications are due by April 1 each school year.
Past Scholarship winners:
- 2015 High School Scholarship winner: Tricia Heffner
- 2015 University Scholarship winner: Tony Prospero
- 2014 High School Scholarship winner: Mariah Glore
- 2014 University Scholarship winner: Joey Mirth
- 2013 High School Scholarship winner: Lizzie Schneider
- 2013 University Scholarship winner: Elizabeth Sippel
- 2012 High School Scholarship winner: Julia Nichols
- 2012 University Scholarship winner: Anna Shaw
- 2011 High School Scholarship winner: Molly Dean
- 2011 University Scholarship winner: Wayne Dierker
MEGSL Teacher of the Year
One of the goals of the Mathematics Educators of Greater St. Louis is to recognize excellence in mathematics teaching. To meet this goal, Teacher-of-the-Year Awards are given each spring and in four categories: K–5 (Elementary), 6–8 (Middle), 9–12 (Secondary), and Post-Secondary.
Do you have a colleague who is a deserving candidate? Download a MEGSL Teacher-of-the-Year Award nomination form. Nominations are due by April 1 each school year.
MEGSL news right to your inbox
Interested in upcoming MEGSL or other math-related events? Send your email address to Amanda Garner-Brooks and stay updated! Just ask Amanda to add your address to the MEGSL email list. To ensure delivery to your inbox, be sure that your spam settings will allow email from the email@example.com address.